Any person who supports the purposes of the Association who is of Hellenic background, or if not of Hellenic background is a philhellene, is eligible for membership.
All applications for membership must be considered by the Committee.
For those wishing to apply to become a member, please complete the details below.
For those wishing to renew your existing HAL membership, login to your account page using your email address and password.
You can reset your access details if required then complete renewal.
Ordinary Membership category
Ordinary members of the Association are persons who:
- support the purposes of the Association; and
- are admitted to practice law in an Australian jurisdiction.
Associate Membership category
You can become an Associate Member of the Association if you are:
- under the age of 15 years;
- a judge or judicial officer;
- a law student, law graduate or paralegal;
- a judges’ associate or other court official;
- admitted to practice law in a jurisdiction other than an Australian jurisdiction;
- a patent or trademark attorney;
- a professional law teacher;
- otherwise within a category of member as determined by special resolution at a general meeting.
An associate member is not eligible to vote but will have other rights as determined by the Committee or by special resolution at a general meeting and may attend the many interesting events that the Association organises throughout the year.
Membership Fees for 1 or 3 years
Those membership categories paying a $50 annual fee can now access a 3-year membership at the reduced rate of $125.
Those who pay their 3-year membership fee (where applicable) after 1 April 2021 will enjoy membership until 30 June 2024.
You can also join the Association for 1 year. The annual membership fee is $50 for Ordinary Members (Barristers and Solicitors), and Associate members who are patent or trademark attorneys, judges or judicial officers.
The annual membership fee is $20 for other Associate members.
Members and Associates who pay their 1-year membership fee after 1 April 2021 will enjoy membership until 30 June 2022. We would encourage you to apply for a 3-year membership where applicable. Apart from receiving a reduced rate, this will cut administration workload and allow HAL to plan worthwhile events well into the future.